Upcoming Events

Saturday, July 13, 2013

First World Problems.




As I was going through my daily session of reading news and watching TV it hit me that while a whole range of people from our own military and the paramilitary forces are struggling to rescue, from what the news papers say, about 60,000 stranded in the North India floods, I am sitting in my cozy Lazyboy and complaining about my non-existent problems. 
While people are rendered homeless and desperately searching for their family—-
I am complaining about my favorite beauty parlor being renovated.
I get upset because someone is not responding to my WhatApp messages on time.
I am getting mad at the flip-kart delivery boy for delivering my parcel 90 minutes late. 
Have I really become that person? The person who is so far removed from reality that she is now wallowing in self pity about problems that don’t exist?  
Have I become that person with First World Problems in a Third World Nation? 
Is this the time to wake up and smell the coffee? Coz if I can do that then I will consider myself lucky. As most people out there doesn’t even have the luxury to smell coffee.  

No comments:

Post a Comment