Upcoming Events

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reinvent... and Rejoice

As a kid I used to play this game of make believe with my best friend. It was quite funny. We would be two sisters, we would spend hours going through interior decoration books. Planning who will have which decor in their room. In our make believe world we each had palatial bungalows. The most intense and good looking and successful boyfriends. It was the world of dreams. A world, that as young teenagers, we imagined we will have when we grew up. Now we laugh at those days. 
I have always remained that child somewhere deep within. I read at some  bucket list of Things to do before one dies... that atleast once one should go to a new place and make up a different life story. I have done that. Its quite amazing. 
I have always been this person who is a traveler. Who moves cities just coz she wants to. Who lives an independent life minus all responsibilities. A gypsy. When people ask about me I can go on and on about this life. The narrative is quite opposite to my present life. Its fun to watch the look on people's faces when I do that. I even have a different name. Anamika. I, more often than not, am this feature writer with some newspaper. Some times I am a client service executive with a leading advertising company. In some life story I am an army brat. But in all those stories I am fiercely independent. 
Then when I am back from my vacation I get back to being the stay home mom that I am. Busy with household chores and my daughter's homework. After each reinvention of my life I am rejuvenated to take on my real life with more vigor. I let my imagination have wings. Its necessary to do that. Its needed to keep my sanity. To know that I still am a child capable of chasing the butterflies in my dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment