Upcoming Events

Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Inner Voice


I was arguing tooth and nail with my friend and then mid-sentence I lost my chain of thought. I lost interest in the argument. 

It was then that it hit me that I have this tendency to argue most passionately about things that I am least convinced about. They are mostly in support of decisions that I know were mistakes.

I wonder if it’s the same case with all of us.

Do we argue to defend our decisions coz we believe in them?

Or do we try and sound most passionate about something and argue the loudest so we can drown out own inner voice?

In my attempt to stand my ground in support of my beliefs am I drowning my own voice?

If I realize what I did wrong, but still don’t admit that… does that not make me a hypocrite? Similar to all those I criticize, who don’t practice what they preach.

Steve Jobs said “Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.

But it’s important to know when you are drowning your own inner voice.  Coz nothing can be worse than self inflicted repression. 

No comments:

Post a Comment