Upcoming Events

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Usual

"Sometimes you want to go 

Where everybody knows your name, 
and they're always glad you came. 
You wanna be where you can see, 
our troubles are all the same 
You wanna be where everybody knows 
Your name." --- Theme song "Cheers"
 

When I heard this song for the first time (years back). I wanted to have that place. Where I will have "the usual." I found that place when I came to Bangalore. Toit. When I walk in I have my favorite bartender come up to me and say "Hey! Its been a long time. When are your Hyderabad friends joining you?" I will always have my "spot" all I need to do is signal the number of people with me. 


But the best part is I have "a usual" Cosmopolitan with a salt rim. Bartenders with cringe at the idea. But well, that's how I like my cosmo.

There is this elderly man who is always there sitting across the counter. With a polite nod acknowledging my presence. Or that irritating guy with the laptop who I avoid like a plague. But well the place is not the same without all these people. 

Having "a usual" is like having a membership to an elite club. So go ahead, visit someplace that you like, often enough to have your usual be it a drink/table/or even a fixed waiter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment