Upcoming Events

Saturday, July 6, 2013

It Was Love At First Sight


I am 37, still a romantic at heart. But somewhere the definition of love has changed. Completely. Today love is understanding, companionship...exchange of views and opinions. Today, love to me is looking forward to growing old with each other. Wondering which all stations will relationship train stop at over the next few decades.

But love was not always this. I was watching the Christmas Episode of The New Girl, suddenly I was taken back to when I was 18, Christmas of 1995.

I remembered a certain person I met then. How the small things they do then which move us. A look here, and a gesture there. How he held my hand and guided me on the busy roads while crossing the street. How he held the door of the car, or how he would take my name, with an alien accent.

How the instant connect would make me blush. It felt like love. It made me feel like I am the most beautiful person in the room, the most interesting.

I wish time and life wouldn't harden us like they do. I wish we could all always have the ability to feel that way even today. I wish life wouldn't kill the innocence of an 18 year old. I wish we could all still have the ability to fall in love at the first sight.

But its better this way.

Its about the long haul now. Love is not about skipping a beat. Love is not about the spring in our step the day after the first date. Love is about knowing that he is always and will always be there for me. Love is about sitting in the same room for hours and not talking. Its about the person taking you to the most peaceful place and making you feel secure in his arms with a kiss on your forehead.

Love is what makes you accept each other with all the scars. But still once in a while when a memory from the past comes back... one can't help but cherish them. 

4 comments:

  1. Love at first sight is beautiful, turning that love into a more lasting one even better. We, as humans, fall in love at first sight a lot of times and we should cherish each and every one of those memories, just like you say. They are, after all, the enjoyable parts of our history :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bandita, You found out all what is about love. Good to know all the feelings so You miss nothing. I am married for almost 50 years. I can only tell that the feeling is still great and sometimes the feeling of love still overwhelms me . I hope we can still be together for many more years, but who can tell. Enjoy everyday that is all we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've learnt that love is serving other selflessly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The concept of love does change as one ages but the gist of the process is to stay connected and treasure the feeling of love and being loved.

    ReplyDelete