Upcoming Events

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cameo appearances...


Nothing hurts more than meeting a friend who has faded away. Nothing hurts more than thinking of a friend who has faded away. 


Why do friends fade? 

Why do we beat ourselves over them? 

May be its because as kids we were always taught that every relation lasts forever. The genesis of the term BFF is that. That we will be best friends forever, or until one of us dies. 


Maybe some friends are meant to be in your life for a short time. If I knew this in my childhood, maybe all those friends who have faded away from my life... I would have made many more memories with them. Made an effort to document all those memories. Just so I could sit on a day like this and go over all of them... and they would always bring a smile to my face. 


At every stage in my life I have made friends and at some point they have faded away. I have never tried to pull them back. 

One can't.  

One shouldn't. 

The person who has faded away, had only that long a role to play in our lives. Cameos appearances in our lives. 


Our life is not a one-act play. Its an epic. Some cameos are forgettable... they are better that way... some cameos make a deep impact and change the course of our life. Either way they are cameos. There is only this much place for main protagonists in this play. That's they way it should be.


Friends touch our lives in a way that no one else can. They touch, they feel and then some stay on and a few fade away... its the law of nature. 

They move on and so do we...enriching our lives in ways that nothing else can. Making our lives a cluster of memories and anecdotes that sometimes make us smile and other times tear us apart. 

If nothing tore it apart then the metamorphosis will not take place. But without metamorphosis our life is not an experience worth having... 

10 comments:

  1. Yes, they are the ones who make the play all the more interesting ... enriching experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well said. Few takes time to understand the point but eventually they do :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends fading away. I like that. Sometimes they fade into the background for a time then come back. I have a friend right now who did that, and we are enjoying our renewed friendship at a time when we both needed a friend who knew our history.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have found that has happened many times in my life. There are so few people who have made it in my life for any length of time, and even those I thought would never go away have gone. It seems to me it is a lot like much of life - seemingly permanent in a Sea of Impermanence. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true. Some people do drift in and out and you have friends from different parts of your life and they come and go as things change as well. If they fade, let it go. If it's meant to happen later, it will. If not, life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's always a reason why people pass through our life. Some stay and some fade away. Some good memories, some bad. But always for a reason. Thanks for your wonderful insight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Metamorphosis. Interesting writing. You could have only written this through your experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True :) Thanks for your comment Madhumanti... Its bringing me back to my own writing.

      Delete
  8. Wow this one was too good. Life is a lesson, you learn it when you are through. To more cameos for the better.

    ReplyDelete