Upcoming Events

Thursday, February 2, 2017

A True Marriage of Minds



On the 2nd of Feb 2002, 15 years ago , we made a choice. It was a choice that was the most important and significant. One that would shape our lives for years to come.

On that day, we chose to be life partners. At that time the decision seemed final and irrevocable.
Now, once I have spent 15 years with you I know a choice of a life partner is not a one time thing, it's a forever evolving and ongoing process.

Many times over the past 15 years, I have chosen you again. Faced with changes and alternatives, I have become aware again and again that a marriage lasts only if both partners prioritise each other and are friends.

Like every other couple our lives have been affected by highs and lows, I would be lying if I say that the thought of going in the opposite direction didn't occur to me.

It Did. But I did not.

The only reason I didn't was because no one in the past had ever and can ever in future elicit as many feelings of happiness, joy, love and madness as have you...

I have chosen you over all, and choose you still. Not because I feel obliged to take care of you, but because you take care of me. I live with you, move from one city to another, and from one house, that we make home, to another, not because a legal document binds us. I live with you, because there is nowhere else I would rather be than by your side.

I love you, but more than love, you are and will always be my best friend. 

1 comment: