Upcoming Events

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

In A Zone...


I was working, pouring over my excel sheets and squinting at numbers that ran into 3 decimal places, when I saw this. And I just HAD to post this.

I could have saved a lot of time sharing it on my Facebook wall, but that just didn't seem enough. I felt this compelling urge to write when I saw this. Which is why this.

I am a single child and I was brought up with the knowledge that alone is not lonely. Alone is introspection time. Alone is talking to my own self. Alone is that one place when I am completely uninhibited.

Most people don't understand.

How many of us have faced these questions during those alone times?

Hey what are you thinking?

Are you alright?

Are you in a foul mood?

Are you upset?

No, I am none of these. I might as well be one of these... if you don't take your faux concern out of my zone.

Don't mistake me for a loner. I am not that. I love company. I also love lone time. It charges me up. It makes me productive. I make all my mental lists during this time. I on most occasions completely zone off... I dream... I reminiscence, I also plot... I plan... I make resolutions... I look at the sky... stare at the stars, breathe in the fresh air, listen to the birds.

I am a loner by choice... not as a result of lack of inter-personal skills. I am alone because I like it. I am alone because it is not my duty to be with people all the time, and make their life interesting. I am alone because I love my own company. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you..!! I am a loner by choice, too..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...
    Being alone means most of the time your talking to yourself in your head and people are just not able to understand you. But it does calms your nerves and bring you closer nature. And once start hearing the voice of nature the waterfall, the birds chirping, the thunderstorms you know they r trying to tell you something...

    ReplyDelete