Upcoming Events

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sum of All Fears

I am normally always happy and looking forward to something or the other. But I too, at times, have various creepy thoughts getting into my head. A strong believer in the laws of attraction, all thanks to my best friend who introduced me to it, I try and not get affected by these negative thoughts. 

But we all have days when we are sitting alone, and slowly these thoughts from the back of our mind come to the foreground. 

I fear the day I will be alone without the shoulders of my closest friends and family to lean on. 

I fear losing both or either of my parents. I am what I am coz of them. They keep me grounded. Many of my actions are dictated by how my parents will react to them. With them gone I fear what I may become. 

Until today anything that I have really focused on I have been able to achieve. However, the fear of failure pushes me to go that extra mile every single time. 

Last but not the least is one of my biggest fears of seeing my child hurt. Emotionally. Physically. I am a strong woman. I just hope that when testing times are here. I can remain strong even then. 

The list,albeit not endless, but is quite exhaustive. 

Then suddenly I remember what my best friend says... "Don't attract it babe!"

That's when I get up and tell myself... I refuse to be the sum of all my fears, I am way more than that. I am a sum of all my ideas and all my laughter and all the love I have in my life. My fears are there just to ensure that I dont't spill over. 

But I, most definitely, am NOT the Sum of All My Fears! 

No comments:

Post a Comment